In order to ensure parking areas are managed effectively for our customers, there are parking controls in place on site. Parking charges are applicable at a cost of sixty pence per hour (60p). However, members get FREE parking as part of their annual membership (provided they pre-register their vehicle for fee exemption). In addition, temporary parking exemption is extended to certain categories of visitors attending organised events. Please see Parking Exemption details.
Parking Exemption Details
1. Somerdale Pavilion Members can park for free (membership means anyone who has taken out a social, sports or gym membership). Members must pre-register their vehicle on the form provided with the correct vehicle registration plate in order to qualify for parking fee exemption; their membership must be current.
2. Should a Member change a vehicle and use one other than the vehicle that is registered with the Pavilion, they are responsible for ensuring that they comply with parking regulations either by purchasing a parking ticket or using the tablet at reception to record their vehicle for that visit. Any permanent vehicle changes should be notified to the Pavilion and recorded on the form provided.
2. Visiting sports team players and officials are offered free parking on the day of their visit for the maximum ‘stay’ period (see Period section). To accept our offer, motorists must correctly enter their vehicle registration number onto the tablet on reception. (see also NOTE 1 below)
3. If you are a member of a visiting sports team please check with your team captain/manager to ensure that you are familiar with the parking arrangements
for your team’s visit.
4. Persons attending a private function, an organised Pavilion social function or a corporate event will be exempt from parking fees subject to the requirements of
points 5, 6 and 7. (see also NOTE 1 below)
5. If you are a visitor as a conference delegate, a private function guest or just attending an organised social event, you should report to reception where you will be required to supply your vehicle registration details in order to obtain parking fee exemption.
6. If you are a delegate attending a conference please check with the conference organiser to ensure that you are familiar with the parking arrangements for your event. The tablet on reception must be used in order to obtain exemption from parking fees on the day of the conference. (see also NOTE 1 below)
7. Where parking exemptions are given it is the vehicle owner’s responsibility to enter or record their vehicle details clearly, accurately and correctly.
The Somerdale Pavilion accepts no responsibility for errors made by vehicle owners when recording vehicle registration details.
NOTE 1: WHERE A REGISTRATION IS INCORRECTLY ENTERED A PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE (PCN) WILL BE ISSUED BY THE PARKING COMPANY AND THE FEE EXEMPTION (free parking) WILL NOT APPLY. THE SOMERDALE PAVILION DOES NOT ISSUE PCNs.
THIS APPLIES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE LISTED POINTS.
NOTE 2: The Somerdale Pavilion cannot represent, or act on behalf of, any vehicle owner should they receive a Penalty Charge. Nor can the Pavilion intervene with any appeal a vehicle owner wishes to make as a result of receiving such a charge.
NOTE 3: Information on the parking controls is displayed around the car parks and on the building. Paid tickets can be purchased on the day from the ticket machines.
Further information and Conditions
Member Authorised Parking
Pavilion Members will need to register their vehicles at the site in order to be included on the official parking list. A vehicle must be linked to a specific membership. That membership must be valid and linked to one address. Details on how to register your vehicle are available at our reception desk.
Fees for parking start at 60p for the first hour. Two ticket machines (Main Car Park – Car Park 1) are located at the front of the Pavilion, on the right as you walk from the car park to the building. Two ticket machines are also located in the lower car park (Car Park 2) at the vehicle entrance to that location. Vehicles using the car parks must pay the required fee, if not exempt under points 1, 2 or 3 listed in the Parking Exemption details section.
The parking control system operates on an Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system which records both the entry and exit of vehicles. The ANPR system looks for precise number plate details and has no capacity to adjust where registrations have been incorrectly entered. (See also Parking Exemption Details, point 7)
Parking tariffs are in place seven days a week for 24 hours with a maximum ‘stay’ of 6 hours. The maximum ‘stay’ period is to prevent overnight parking and extended ‘stays’. If there is an exceptional, genuine reason for a vehicle staying beyond the maximum period, it can be reviewed at the discretion of the Pavilion management team provided it is notified at the time.
The on-site parking system allows a 10 minute drop off time for drivers wishing to drop off passengers. This means that if your vehicle is recorded entering the controlled area and leaving again before the 10 minute period has expired, no fee is chargeable. It is the vehicle owner’s responsibility to decide whether they can make their drop off within that timeframe. Any excess time will require a fee to be paid. As within any automated system this timeframe is precise.
Car Parks Management
Management of the parking areas is controlled by an external agency, Smart Parking. Where the parking regulations are contravened, a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) will be issued by Smart Parking, not by the Somerdale Pavilion.
Vehicle Owner Responsibility
It is the responsibility of the vehicle owner to ensure that they are familiar with the parking requirements when leaving a vehicle on site. Where any contravention occurs and a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) is issued, any subsequent correspondence regarding the PCN is between the parking management company and the vehicle owner. The Somerdale Pavilion does not cancel PCNs nor can it represent any vehicle owner using the site. Details of the site parking requirements are displayed within the car park area and on the building exterior.